Re: Still seeing "calcru: runtime went backwards" messages

From: othermark <atkin901_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 08:33:43 -0800
Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <dupid0$itf$1_at_sea.gmane.org>, othermark writes:
>>Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>>> I've updated the calibration code to be much more precise, let me know
>>> if this helps or not.
>>
>>[last minute edit: I see you just updated kern_resource for slop.  I'll
>>[try
>>it..]
>
> I'd suspect you'll see only few messages now, if any.
>
> You don't say what kind of machine this is (server/laptop) or if
> power management is used on it.  If you use power management, you'll
> still see some messages until the correct max clock rate is calibrated.

Apologies, this particular machine is a Dell gx280 which I use as my
-current workstation.  All power management is off in BIOS, although acpi
is loaded.

I also get this message at bootup:

cpu0: too many short sleeps, backing off to C1

Here is HPET info from acpidump:

  HPET: Length=56, Revision=1, Checksum=242,
        OEMID=DELL, OEM Table ID=GX280, OEM Revision=0x7,
        Creator ID=ASL, Creator Revision=0x61
        HPET Number=0
        ADDR=0x00000000
        HW Rev=0x1