Re: unkillable process stuck in "nfsaio"

From: Rong-En Fan <grafan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:37:32 -0500
On 3/16/06, Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx_at_aldan.algebra.com> wrote:
> четвер 16 березень 2006 15:59 Ви написали:
> > Are you sure you mounted "intr" :) ? The default is "nointr".
>
> No, I'm not sure. But the NFS server did not go anywhere, and the writing was
> progressing fine until I hit Ctrl-C.
>
> When I rebooted, I got the complain, that "some processes would not die" and
> the flushing had to give up on one vnode and on 151 buffers.
>
> Upon reboot, *all* filesystems were marked as dirty, despite an "orderly"
> shutdown via "shutdown -r now ...".

What Mohan said is for client-side mount option. I have similar problems
recently. See my post few days ago on stable_at_, title is "nfsclient process
stucks in nfsaio". In short, check your client's fstab, see if there
is intr or -i
option for the nfs mount. If yes, please remove them :-)

Best Regards,
Rong-En Fan