Re: [patch] NetBSD disklabel support for geom_bsd

From: Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry_at_atlantis.dp.ua>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:05:25 +0200 (EET)
Hello!

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006, Garance A Drosehn wrote:
>> 1) NetBSD people extended partition table to 16 entries vs.
>>    our 8. That's OK, we have place for 22 entries within
>>    512-byte sector for disklabel offset 0, and 18 for
>>    offset 64 bytes (Alpha's case).
>
> Minor aside:  Dragonfly also has 16 entries in their
> disklabel.  It'd probably be nice if we could recognize
> that, but I have no idea of how much work it would be
> to implement that.

  I would say it's "just" a matter of bumping MAXPARTITIONS up. After that,
1st (easy) part of my patch can go away, but 2nd (main part: converting
offsets from absolute to slice-relative and removal those "partitions"
which are just aliases for our slices) will still stand. As for me,
I'm for MAXPARTITIONS bump.

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator