Re: patchset-9 release (Re: [unionfs][patch] improvements of the unionfs - Problem Report, kern/91010)

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:04:36 +0100
Danny Braniss <danny_at_cs.huji.ac.il> wrote:

>> I'd really like to see this in 6-STABLE.

> just a 'me too'. I've been running with the patch(under 6.1) and it's
> definitely
> better than the panics with the unpatched version. in other words,
> IMHO, it does not break anything, and it actualy fixes somethings.

Compare the mount options the current implementation and the completely
rewritten implementation of unionfs is able to understand. There is a
difference. Since it would break a documented interface, we can't MFC it.
Except maybe you can prove that the option in question doesn't work at all,
and therefore isn't used anywhere. Then we could MFC it, since we wouldn't
break something for someone.

Bye,
Alexander.

--