Re: DRI seems to bee broken

From: Peter Klett <peter_at_netkey.at>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 11:46:21 +0200
On Wednesday 03 May 2006 03:13, Darren Pilgrim wrote:
> Did you go through the entire source upgrade process?  The entire
> upgrade process being:
>
>   1: cvsup src
# cd /usr/src
# make update
>   2: Read UPDATING and do any extra steps it may indicate.
not really I must confess, as you can see in my make.conf, I still haven't put
the NO_XXX in src.conf (and translated them to WITHOUT_XXX knobs)
The lastest entry in my UPDATING is from 20060317.

>   3: Verify that your kernel config is still correct.
Hoped that, how can I verify that ?

>   4: /usr/src/usr.sbin/mergemaster/mergemaster.sh -p
>   5: make buildworld
>   6: make buildkernel
>   7: make installkernel
>   8: reboot to single user mode
>   9: make installworld
> 10: mergemaster
> 11: reboot
Actually I rebooted into single user mode, after make upate, then
# make buildworld
# make kernel
# mergemaster -p (probably in /usr/sbin)
# make installworld
# mergemaster
# reboot

> dmesg, pciconf -vl, kernel config, your complete xorg.conf and the Xorg
> log file from the last run.
attached

hth Peter