Re: SAMBA issues

From: Scot Hetzel <swhetzel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 13:30:52 -0500
On 5/5/06, Kariuki Kaboro <kariukiphares_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am running FreeBSD 5.4, however, I fall under the category of a  "newbie". I have run into some issues... I installed samba 2.2.12. I  got errors first to do with the loopback adaptor which i was able to  eventually figure out.. however, the biggest problem has been that I am  unable to access my machine from windows computers and my config seems  OK. Kindly have a look _at_ it and if you can tell me where I am going  wrong....

You should have posted on either FreeBSD-questions, FreeBSD-ports, or
the SAMBA mailing lists.

FreeBSD-CURRENT is for discussing the problems with the development of
the next FreeBSD release (Currently, 7.0).

Check that you have set both smbd_enable and nmbd_enable to yes in
your /etc/rc.conf.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.