Re: Fine-grained locking for POSIX local sockets (UNIX domain sockets)

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 14:54:06 +0100 (BST)
On Wed, 10 May 2006, David Xu wrote:

> Fixing one of big lock contentions is not enough, you have to fix them all,
> it is easy to see that a second contention becomes a top one. :-)

So I guess the real question is: do we want to merge the UNIX domain socket
locking work?  The MySQL gains sound good, the performance drop under very
high load seems problematic, and there are more general questions about
performance with other workloads.

Maintaining this patch for a month or so is no problem, but as the tree
changes it will get harder.

Robert N M Watson