Re: couldn't bind to local address

From: David Xu <davidxu_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 16:39:54 +0800
On Sunday 21 May 2006 14:00, David Xu wrote:
> in fact, finally I found sysinstall only put nve0 in variable
> network_interfaces, this causes lo0 does not have an address assigned.
>
> David Xu

Sorry for misleading, I finally found the culprit,  it is gnome Networking
Setting dialog, if you use it, it will write network_interfaces
into /etc/rc.conf, but it ignores lo0, so next time when you reboot your
machine, the lo0 adaptive does not have an address, now I can
reproduce it on another machine, there is a line in my rc.conf file:

network_interfaces=fxp0

but no lo0

David Xu