Re: couldn't bind to local address

From: Beech Rintoul <beech_at_alaskaparadise.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 00:51:31 -0800
On Sunday 21 May 2006 00:39, David Xu wrote:
> On Sunday 21 May 2006 14:00, David Xu wrote:
> > in fact, finally I found sysinstall only put nve0 in variable
> > network_interfaces, this causes lo0 does not have an address assigned.
> >
> > David Xu
>
> Sorry for misleading, I finally found the culprit,  it is gnome Networking
> Setting dialog, if you use it, it will write network_interfaces
> into /etc/rc.conf, but it ignores lo0, so next time when you reboot your
> machine, the lo0 adaptive does not have an address, now I can
> reproduce it on another machine, there is a line in my rc.conf file:
>
> network_interfaces=fxp0
>
> but no lo0
>
> David Xu

Add the following to /etc/rc.conf manually:

ifconfig_lo0="inet 127.0.0.1"

Beech

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech_at_alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com