Re: FreeBSD is now self-hosting on the UltraSPARC T1

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 19:58:41 +0100 (BST)
On Sun, 21 May 2006, Will Andrews wrote:

> On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 01:30:42PM +0800, Xin LI wrote:
>> I think that to encourage more tests, you would probably want to provide
>> a downloadable copy of the output of "p4 diff" since we do not provide
>> anonymous p4 access for outside developers (yet) :-)
>
> Actually we do, although it's not via p4 but rather cvsup. cvsup10 and
> cvsup18 should carry everything that's in perforce. Maybe with a few minor
> exceptions.

In general, cvsup10 (and presumably 18?) carry only a small subset of Perforce
-- they explicitly export certain branches.  In the past, the CVS exporter has
proven a bit unreliable in the context of TrustedBSD -- it occasionally breaks
when it finds something it doesn't like, require administrator fixing, etc.

Robert N M Watson