Re: [RFC] Removal of Fortran from the base system

From: Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC <chad_at_shire.net>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 18:58:22 -0600
On May 27, 2006, at 5:13 PM, Tarc wrote:

> Offtopic: what is about to remove TCSH too, or add it to ports
> collection?
> 	I also never build and install TCHS and have found only one port,
> which depends on this shell: OpenOffice.
> 	OO doesn't depend on TCSH after install, but I should convet some
> build files from OO distribution to sh(1) compatiable.

I believe long ago it (tcsh) was in the ports and moved into the base
at one time.  My really old accounts have /usr/local/bin/tcsh showing
while newer ones use /bin/tcsh .  (Where /usr/local/bin/tcsh at one
time on my machines became a link to /bin/tcsh)

This is getting ridiculous.  Lets remove everything but the kernel,
ls, and vi.  What else do all you whiners really need to do any work?

Chad
whose_normal_shell_is_tcsh

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC