Tools looking for a home :-)

From: Randall Stewart <rrs_at_cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 09:49:05 -0500
Dear All:

I would like opinions... and or advice on where
to place things..

I have some SCTP test tools.. I know there is
a /usr/src/tools directory.... should I just
make an sctp/ directory under that.. and then
place some of the test-tools in there? Or have
folks got a place for IP transport test utilities?

I also have a "libsctp.a" that will need to go
somewhere under /usr/src/lib .. I would imagine.. its
not big.. its just 1 file... that builds the additional
"extended" sockets stuff in draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-13.txt
The lib could easily go in its own lib.. (like I do now on
my local machine) OR it could probably fit in some other
lib... what do you recommend??

Also I have several manual pages that I have written for
a couple of the syscalls... I am not the best author.. so
they are still pretty rough.. but they are better than nothing :-)
I imagine these go under /usr/src/share/man ... possibly man2
or man3.. but where I should put them... and maybe a volunteer
to help review them and make them less rough would be nice??

Pointers/advice/rocks/comments would be appreciated :-)

Randall Stewart
NSSTG - Cisco Systems Inc.
803-345-0369 <or> 803-317-4952 (cell)