Re: Tools looking for a home :-)

From: Max Laier <max_at_love2party.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 16:28:06 +0100
On Monday 06 November 2006 15:49, Randall Stewart wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> I would like opinions... and or advice on where
> to place things..
>
> I have some SCTP test tools.. I know there is
> a /usr/src/tools directory.... should I just
> make an sctp/ directory under that.. and then
> place some of the test-tools in there? Or have
> folks got a place for IP transport test utilities?

Speaking of tools, is there a patch to teach netstat "-sp sctp"?  The
exported stats seem very elaborated, so maybe a bit of filtering is in
order.

Other than that, tools/tools/sctp seems right to me.  Depending on the
individual programs, of course.

> I also have a "libsctp.a" that will need to go
> somewhere under /usr/src/lib .. I would imagine.. its
> not big.. its just 1 file... that builds the additional
> "extended" sockets stuff in draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-13.txt
> The lib could easily go in its own lib.. (like I do now on
> my local machine) OR it could probably fit in some other
> lib... what do you recommend??

KAME used to have it as libsctp, afaik.  Is your's compatible with that?
If so we should probably keep it as libsctp.  OTHO, it feels like it
belongs into libc eventually.

> Also I have several manual pages that I have written for
> a couple of the syscalls... I am not the best author.. so
> they are still pretty rough.. but they are better than nothing :-)
> I imagine these go under /usr/src/share/man ... possibly man2
> or man3.. but where I should put them... and maybe a volunteer
> to help review them and make them less rough would be nice??
>

> Pointers/advice/rocks/comments would be appreciated :-)

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier_at_freebsd.org
 X   http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/  | mlaier_at_EFnet