Re: Dell 1950 & 2950 with Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM5708 1000Base-T

From: Mr. Man <chinohillsbanditos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 20:16:07 -0800 (PST)
Hmmm...forgive me if i'm totally-off, but why would it have anything to do with DNS?

The requests do come out to about 4 per second, (I see them in the logs, no errors).  And if its trying to perform a reverse dns, im assuming it would only need to do a lookup once (but not even take this long), then cache the result so the remaining requests would be fast afterwards, but I just tried it with hostnamelookups Off in Apache and it didn't make a difference.

I'm not sure if I made it clear, but I am running the Benchmark from the -same machine- that Apache & MySQL are running on to rule-out problems.

I am seeing the few requests that actually do come through in httpd-access.log for Apache, they seem fine and, no errors are present in the error log.  I did check the netstat -an right after I sent the requests and always see a lot of TIME_WAIT's...  Im pretty beginner/intermediate right now at FreeBSD right now, so im not too sure of any other debug info I could provide.