Re: Atheros PCCard not recognized, IRQ Problem?

From: Lars Engels <lars.engels_at_0x20.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 12:05:03 +0200
On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 12:27:40AM +0200, Lars Engels wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when I insert a Netgear WAG511 Atheros-based PCCard into my notebook,
> the speakers crackle two times and nothing else happens.
>
> dmesg does not show anything. The card itself is works in Windows and
> used to work in another FreeBSD notebook. The PCCard Bus is also
> functioning, a wi(4) card is recognized and can be used.
>
> Searching the web and mailing list archives didn't show a similar issue.
>
> Could it be an IRQ or ACPI issue?
>
> I use a current with today's sources and attached you find the output of
> dmesg with the atheros card inserted, as well as vmstat -i output and
> pciconf -lv.
>
> Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Update:

The card still does not work, but I set the following debug sysctls:
hw.cbb.debug=1
hw.pccard.cis_debug=1
hw.pccard.debug=1
hw.cardbus.cis_debug=1
hw.cardbus.debug=1

When I insert the card, I see these kernel messages:

Status is 0x30000820
cbb0: card inserted: event=0x00000000, state=30000820
cbb0: cbb_power: 3V
cbb0: cbb_power: 0V

Can someone explain what the status number means?

Attached you find my boot -v output.

Thanks
Lars