Re: Asus A8V hangs during pci probe on fresh-CURRENT

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:49:57 -0800
Nicolas Blais wrote:

> I've been running this machine overclocked for about a year and a half, with
> multiple pci cards and it has been running -CURRENT fine so far.
>
> Considering that, and also that I'm not the only one with the problem and that
> it happened with the update to pci.c, I'm pretty confident this is not an
> overclocking issue, but thanks anyway.

That's nice, but the only way to determine that for sure is to try it
without overclocking. That will at least help narrow down the problem.

It's also worth noting that over time overclocking can have unexpected
side effects on the hardware that won't disappear when the clock is
reset. (I speak from experience here.)

Doug