Re: Asus A8V hangs during pci probe on fresh-CURRENT

From: Nicolas Blais <nb_root_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:11:27 -0500
On Monday 30 October 2006 18:49, Doug Barton wrote:
> Nicolas Blais wrote:
> > I've been running this machine overclocked for about a year and a half,
> > with multiple pci cards and it has been running -CURRENT fine so far.
> >
> > Considering that, and also that I'm not the only one with the problem and
> > that it happened with the update to pci.c, I'm pretty confident this is
> > not an overclocking issue, but thanks anyway.
>
> That's nice, but the only way to determine that for sure is to try it
> without overclocking. That will at least help narrow down the problem.

It still causes the issue.

> It's also worth noting that over time overclocking can have unexpected
> side effects on the hardware that won't disappear when the clock is
> reset. (I speak from experience here.)
>
> Doug

Agree with you on that one. Though when my hardware fails, whether or not it
is due to overclocking or normal failure, I do not mind just replacing the
hardware. I run several machines, some of which are extremely overclocked and
most of them are running FreeBSD. A big part of my work is experimenting
stresses, in many ways.

Anyhow, perhaps I'll just revert pci.c until M. Yuriy Tsibizov gets a look at
it.

Nicolas.
--
FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #1: Sat Oct  7 15:11:02 EDT 2006
root_at_clk01a:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CLK01A