Re: no kld in minidumps

From: John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j_at_resnet.uoregon.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:17:28 -0800
Devon H. O'Dell wrote this message on Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 20:28 -0500:
> 2006/10/30, John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j_at_resnet.uoregon.edu>:
> >Devon H. O'Dell wrote this message on Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 14:28 -0400:

> >script
> >crash ?

> >> a shellscript that wraps calling gdb -k (since we're using 4.x at the
> >> shop). I'm not quite sure how to translate it into kgdb-feasible stuff
> >> since kgdb doesn't have -x or -batch. If anybody would like to give me
> >> pointers, I'd be glad to wrap it for either.
> >>
> >> It's available at http://databits.net/~dho/load_syms.txt
> >
> >You do know about:
> >http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/tools/debugscripts/
> >
> >If you want to write up an entry for the README, I'll add it to the
> >collection..
>
> Yeah, it was my impression that these only worked with remote
> debugging (seeing the comments around the relevant code). I'll play
> around with it a little more and see what it's all about and submit
> something for the README when I figure out how to use it.

Ahh, I just reread the README, and can see how it is confusing..  There
are two sets of scripts in the directory, the first one gives the example
of remote debugging, and the second is different, though there shouldn't
be any difference between remote debugging and debugging cores for getting
kld symbol locations......

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579