Re: Several issues on Dell 1950/2950 servers (6-STABLE and 7-CURRENT)

From: Sam Eaton <sam_at_fqdn.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 09:17:09 +0100
On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 07:47:21AM +0200, Morten A. Middelthon wrote:

> Just wanted to say that I'm running FreeBSD/i386 6.1-STABLE on two Dell PE 1950's
> without any problems. The only thing I had to do was update the bce driver for
> the NIC, but other than that the mfi RAID controller is detected properly, as well
> as the SAS disks and RAID array. The only difference I can think of is perhaps
> the firmware and BIOS versions

Out of interest, what kind of load have you put on your network, and
what kind of switch are you connected to.  Our 1950s have terrible
network issues still even with the new bce driver, giving watchdog
timeouts under high load.  NFS traffic particularly triggers it really
easily.  The mfi raid controller does seem to be working fine so far
though, but I'm not filled with confidence in the units at the moment :)

Sam.
--
"Fortified with Essential Bitterness and Sarcasm"
    Matt Groening, "Binky's Guide to Love".