Re: Several issues on Dell 1950/2950 servers (6-STABLE and 7-CURRENT)

From: Morten A. Middelthon <morten_at_freenix.no>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 07:47:21 +0200
On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 04:23:21AM -0500, Alex Salazar wrote:
> Apologies for the long message, and thanks in advance for any response.
>
> I've just bought one of those new generation Dell servers, specifically,
> the PowerEdge 1950.
>
> This is a dual Intel Dual Core Xeon 5050, 3.0 GHz, 667MHz FSB,
> 1GB 533MHz RAM, system.
>
> This server has a LSI Logic SAS 5/i integrated adapter and dual embedded
> Broadcom NetXtreme II 5708 Gigabit Ethernet NIC.
<snip>

Just wanted to say that I'm running FreeBSD/i386 6.1-STABLE on two Dell PE 1950's
without any problems. The only thing I had to do was update the bce driver for
the NIC, but other than that the mfi RAID controller is detected properly, as well
as the SAS disks and RAID array. The only difference I can think of is perhaps
the firmware and BIOS versions

Attached is the dmesg output from one of the two 1950's I've got.

with regards,

--
Morten A. Middelthon

"I have been Foolish and Deluded,