Re: RFC: TSO patch for current

From: Ian FREISLICH <if_at_hetzner.co.za>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 07:46:52 +0200
Prafulla Deuskar wrote:
> Pyun YongHyeon [pyunyh_at_gmail.com] wrote:
> >What happen if users disable hardware
> > VLAN tag insertion with ifconfig(8)?
>
> TSO requires that VLAN tag insertion is done by hardware

This is bad news.

I use CARP interfaces in all my VLANs which places the interface
in promiscuous mode.  I've noted that the em driver stops tagging
ethernet frames when hardware tag insertion is enabled and the
interface is in promiscuous mode.

I don't know enough to determine whether this is a hardware or
software bug.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich