Re: [Fwd: Will Xen 3.0 support (at least domU) be available ?]

From: Ari Suutari <ari_at_suutari.iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:48:51 +0300
Hi,

Yuan, Jue wrote:

> I tested freebsd-XENU_INSTALL under kubuntu 6.0.6 as dom0. don't know
> why this happens. I will check this issue later :-)

	OK, I can consider running debian as dom0 if that is needed
	(but I would like to stick in the bsd family :-)

>> Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/xbd769a
>> Mount point / had 1 dangling refs
>>

>>         The root filesystem is file based and has been created on another
>>         FreeBSD machine, so it should be ok. What is that number "769" in
>>         xbd device ? Is it same for all installations ?
>>

> the magic number here is due to the major and minor device number of
> Linux. maybe this is not the case while you are using NetBSD. Anyway,
> the first thing you should check is the fstab file in your file-backed
> image.

	It is not looking at fstab yet, this is the mount specified
	by extra += ",vfs.root.mountfrom=ufs:/dev/xbd.... in xen config file.

	I tried guessing the number, but had no luck :-(

> More details could be found at
> http://www.yuanjue.net/xen/howto.html

	Yes, I have read this. Actually, after reading this I started
	experimenting with Xen + FreeBSD again.

	Nice work anyway, I'm sure things will eventually start working...

	Ari S.