Re: Atheros PCCard recognized, IRQ Problem?

From: Lars Engels <lars.engels_at_0x20.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 12:14:44 +0200
On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 05:22:57PM -0700, Freddie Cash wrote:
> On Tue, September 26, 2006 3:27 pm, Lars Engels wrote:
> > when I insert a Netgear WAG511 Atheros-based PCCard into my notebook,
> >  the speakers crackle two times and nothing else happens.
>
> The GENERIC kernel that ships with FreeBSD does not include the
> Atheros drivers.  You need to manually load:
>   if_ath
>   wlan_wep
>   wlan_tkip
>   wlan_ccmp
>
> Any needed modules will be auto-loaded by the above.  Once those are
> loaded, you will be able to use the card.
>
> If you want to compile the drivers into the kernel, you will need:
>   wlan
>   wlan_wep
>   wlan_tkip
>   wlan_ccmp
>   ath
>   ath_hal
>   ath_rate_sample

Hi Freddie,

the devices are already compiled into the kernel, so the card should be
recognized.

What I forgot to tell is that I use current on this machine for two
months now and up to about four weeks ago I got this message on
inserting the card (without any crackles from the speakers):

cbb alloc res fail
cardbus0: <network> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)

I did some searches on the net for this message, and some people could
get their card recognized, when they disabled ACPI on boot. However this
did not work for me.

Lars