Re: isofs/cd9660 -> relocate to fs/isofs/cd9660?

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:38:27 +0200
Quoting Scott Long <scottl_at_samsco.org> (from Thu, 28 Sep 2006 22:51:25 -0600):

> Moves in CVS are relatively easy too, it's just that they can only
> be performed by a special group of people, and that special group
> rarely responds to requests.  So, it's a policy problem, not a
> technology problem.  I would imagine than any new VCS that the project
> adopts would have similar policies in place, and moves will still be
> impossible.

ATM we get the repo copy when we request one. There's no approval
process I'm aware of. So I expect a lot of bikeshed discussions about
the right layout if someone moves parts of the tree. But the problem
you mentioned above is not a policy problem, it's a technical problem:
CVS has no official way to move while keeping the history. Because of
this we have to cheat. Cheating can harm the repo, so we only allow a
subset of the people to cheat. The policy we have ATM is the result of
a technical limitation, not a political decission in the first place.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Don't expect people to keep in step--