Re: isofs/cd9660 -> relocate to fs/isofs/cd9660?

From: Scott Long <scottl_at_samsco.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 22:51:25 -0600
Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org> (from Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:27:29
> -0400):
>
>> We've actually moved most of the filesystems into sys/fs in the past.
>> Only
>> cd9660, nfs, and ufs are in the top-level.  I'd still say leave nfs
>> and ufs
>> alone, but sys/isofs/cd9660 -> sys/fs/cd9660 (I wouldn't keep the
>> extra isofs
>> directory) probably wouldn't be but so painful at this point.
>

> I expect a lot of moves when we switch to a VCS where moves are
> cheap... but on the other hand, maybe this is another bikeshed.
>
> Bye,
> Alexander.

Moves in CVS are relatively easy too, it's just that they can only
be performed by a special group of people, and that special group
rarely responds to requests.  So, it's a policy problem, not a
technology problem.  I would imagine than any new VCS that the project
adopts would have similar policies in place, and moves will still be
impossible.

Scott