Re: targclose doesn't return

From: Alex Dupre <ale_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 18:50:40 +0200
Scott Long wrote:
> Are there any other console messages from the targ driver?  Can you
> turn on CAMDEBUG and send us the trace of what is going on?

CAMDEBUG is already on, but simply opening/closing the targ device,
without sending any ioctl to enable it, shouldn't produce any CAM
message. I traced the kernel thread and I found that it doesn't return
from the destroy_devl() function: csw->d_purge is NULL and
dev->si_threadcount is '1'. The thread enters the following block
(kern_conf.c, row 690) and never exits.

	while (dev->si_threadcount != 0) {
		/* Use unique dummy wait ident */
		msleep(&csw, &devmtx, PRIBIO, "devdrn", hz / 10);
	}

--
Alex Dupre