Re: Do we need this junk?

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 14:01:09 -0600 (MDT)
From: "Nikolas Britton" <nikolas.britton_at_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Do we need this junk?
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 10:39:41 -0500

> On 4/5/07, Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy_at_optushome.com.au> wrote:
> > [-stable removed since it's not relevant there]
> >
> > On 2007-Apr-05 04:58:17 -0500, Nikolas Britton <nikolas.britton_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > >Can anything in the list below be removed from CURRENT?
> > >
> > >legacyfree1# cd dev/
> > >legacyfree1# grep -irsn isa ./ | grep -i include
> > >legacyfree1# grep -irsn mca ./ | grep -i include
> >
> > Why do you believe anything in the list might need to be removed?
> >

> I'd like to also add that 6-STABLE should be the last branch to support:
> 1. ISA / EISA

Not going to happen.  Maybe EISA, but certainly not ISA, as machines
made today still need it.

> 2. PC98 Platform.

What do you care?  I mean really, what do you care here.  There are
Pentium II class machines that are perfectly good in this class of
machines.  I have one and it runs just fine.

> 3. i486

So you want to kill all the soekris boxes?  Sorry, not going to
happen.

> 4. i586

These machines still work, and are still popular in the embedded space
due to their lower power consumption.

Warner