Re: ZFS - quick start.

From: Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 22:00:00 +0200
On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 09:20:32PM +0200, Jorn Argelo wrote:
> Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> >Ok, ZFS is now in the tree, what's now? Below you'll find some
> >instructions how to quickly make it up and running.
> >

> Thanks for this Pawel.
>
> I have a machine with an external storage array running gvinum on 6.1-RELEASE. Do you think I can use ZFS to replace gvinum once 7.0 has been released? The box is fairly
> important, but ZFS has been out in the wild for a while so I have confidence in that. Or do you think I should not use it for production purposes yet?

It is stable for me, which doesn't mean it is stable. As I said it will
be marked as experimental feature for 7.0-RELEASE, so if something break
all bets are off.
The best you can do it to test it now for your workload and decide
based on results.

pjd_at_FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org