sysinstall issues

From: Jason Evans <jasone_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 16:06:20 -0700
I tried various methods for installing the March 2007 snapshot using PXE
(no CD-ROM drive), but I ran into a combination of problems that made
this seemingly impossible.

1) The keyboard stops working as soon as sysinstall launches.  This
problem does not occur for the 6.2 snapshot, so there appears to be a
regression.  Unless someone can suggest how to track this down in a
reasonable amount of time though, I'm going to have to move on.

2) When booting with a serial console, the machine switches back to the
vga console when sysinstall launches.  The 6.2 snapshot has the same
problem.  Perhaps there is a bad interaction with pxeboot, but I'm not
familiar enough with the boot process to know where to look.

Jason