Re: sysinstall issues

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 07:30:06 +0000 (UTC)
On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, Jason Evans wrote:

> I tried various methods for installing the March 2007 snapshot using PXE (no
> CD-ROM drive), but I ran into a combination of problems that made this
> seemingly impossible.
>
> 2) When booting with a serial console, the machine switches back to the vga
> console when sysinstall launches.  The 6.2 snapshot has the same problem.
> Perhaps there is a bad interaction with pxeboot, but I'm not familiar enough
> with the boot process to know where to look.

yes, ran into something like that before. boot -h does not seem to do
the trick. But if you do
 	set console="comconsole"
at the loader prompt it should work.

I have no idea why that's the way it is. I spent half an hour looking
at the code and then a "timeout fired".

May I add another item?

3) in systinstall when one adds a user to a different partition like
    /u1 with a home of /u1/home/bz that did not work.