Re: ZFS to support chflags?

From: Bernd Walter <ticso_at_cicely12.cicely.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 04:16:46 +0200
On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 08:04:03PM -0400, John Nielsen wrote:
> I just moved /usr over to a zpool on my -CURRENT system. Performance and
> stability are both excellent so far. (Thanks Pawel!) However I noticed that
> setting FS flags on files with chflags is not supported. Would it be
> feasible to add support for flags on ZFS, and if so are there plans to do
> so?
>
> If not (and/or in the meantime), are there any places in the base system
> where flags are required for normal operation? (/var maybe?)

Some binaries have such flags set, but it is not required, otherwise
diskless NFS wouldn't work.
I often see installworld warnings about beeing unable to set extended
flags on ld.so and others on my diskless boxes.

--
B.Walter                http://www.bwct.de      http://www.fizon.de
bernd_at_bwct.de           info_at_bwct.de            support_at_fizon.de