Re: ZFS to support chflags?

From: Oliver Fromme <olli_at_lurza.secnetix.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:38:33 +0200 (CEST)
Ed Schouten wrote:
 > Bernd Walter wrote:
 > > E.g. hardlink system binaries over multiple jails flaged immuteable.
 > > No jail can compromise the data in other jails, while still allowing
 > > the kernel to share memory pages for it.
 >
 > There are nicer ways to do that as far as I know. Just read-only
 > nullmount some kind of base install to another directory.

Memory pages are not shared across different mounts,
including nullmounts (AFAIK), which was Bernd's point.
So Bernd's solution is much better in terms of memory
usage, which is significant if you run a large number
of jails.

Best regards
   Oliver

"If you aim the gun at your foot and pull the trigger, it's
UNIX's job to ensure reliable delivery of the bullet to
where you aimed the gun (in this case, Mr. Foot)."
        -- Terry Lambert, FreeBSD-hackers mailing list.