Re: Some comments on ZFS

From: Thomas Sparrevohn <Thomas.Sparrevohn_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 18:17:12 +0100
On Monday 16 April 2007 11:28:50 Gary Jennejohn wrote:

> Is there any ZFS setting analogous to async which I could use to speed up
> transfers?

My system shows significant worse performance with ZFS - I suspect that this
is because the devices are part of a ATAPI-RAID 0  already

but here is the story - A

UFS + Softupdates -

 make -j 4 buildworld - app. 24 Min (Debugging kernel)

ZFS same command but with usr/obj on ZFS

make -j 4 buildworld - app. 1h12m

The weird thing is that one sees some fantastic peak transfer numbers e.g.
up to 112MB/s - Compression is off