Re: laptop no longer reboots

From: Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 21:42:05 +1000
On 2007-Aug-02 15:58:59 -0700, Don Lewis <truckman_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>I've got a desktop (i386 SMP kernel on an AMD 64 X2 with a recent Nvidia
>chipset) with this problem. Someone suggested removing EHCI from the
>kernel, and that "fixed" the problem.  I haven't had time to investigate
>the problem in detail.

In the past (on older versions of FreeBSD), I've had reboots refuse to
work if I had any kernel modules loaded.  It didn't seem to matter
which kld I loaded.  I lost ready access to the hardware before I ever
solved the problem.  I got as far as adding printf's to the shutdown
code and as far as I could tell, it was correctly asking the BIOS to
reboot and then went off into la-la land.

--
Peter Jeremy