Promise SATA 300 TX4

From: Karsten W. Schmidt / DLX ApS <ks_at_dlx.dk>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 19:28:25 +0200
I have a machine with 4 of these controllers. And 16 500GB Seagate disks.

I installed the snapshot from 200706 to play with zfs, and everything seemed
to work okay.

Then I tried to update to the newest current, and started to get the
following errors when reading from the pool.

ad22: WARNING - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE taskqueue timeout - completing
request directly

ad22: WARNING - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE taskqueue timeout - completing
request directly

ad22: WARNING - SETFEATURES ENABLE RCACHE taskqueue timeout - completing
request directly

ad22: WARNING - SETFEATURES ENABLE WCACHE taskqueue timeout - completing
request directly

ad22: WARNING - SET_MULTI taskqueue timeout - completing request directly

ad22: TIMEOUT - READ_DMA retrying (1 retry left) LBA=141145

Downgrading to the 200706 snapshot fixed the errors.

I found the following after searching a bit on google

http://www.nabble.com/Promise-SATA300-TX4-card-issues-t3955951.html

And with a bit of trial-and-error I found that the following is the one
causing these errors.

 <http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-src/2007-June/079930.html>
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-src/2007-June/079930.html

A kernel made before this gives no errors, and a kernel make right after
this gives the errors.

Anyone have a clue to what could cause the errors?

Or a hint to what I can do to help fix the error.

--

Karsten Schmidt / DLX ApS