Re: MacBook patches

From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 09:29:39 -0400

Rui Paulo wrote:
> Hi,
> There's a new version of the MacBook patchset eagerly awaiting your
> testing. :-)
>
>     http://fnop.net/~rpaulo/priv/freebsd/macbook-aug-1.diff
>
> (remember to apply this patch with your CWD src/sys)
>
> New changes include:
>     * Fixed asmc support for the MacMini.

I think this looks okay:

dev.asmc.0.%desc: Apple SMC MacBook Pro Core Duo (15-inch)
dev.asmc.0.%driver: asmc
dev.asmc.0.%parent: isa0
dev.asmc.0.fan.0.speed: 1010
dev.asmc.0.fan.0.safespeed: 1200
dev.asmc.0.fan.0.minspeed: 1000
dev.asmc.0.fan.0.maxspeed: 6000
dev.asmc.0.fan.0.targetspeed: 1010
dev.asmc.0.fan.1.speed: 1009
dev.asmc.0.fan.1.safespeed: 1200
dev.asmc.0.fan.1.minspeed: 1000
dev.asmc.0.fan.1.maxspeed: 6000
dev.asmc.0.fan.1.targetspeed: 1010
dev.asmc.0.temp.enclosure: 32
dev.asmc.0.temp.heatsink1: 42
dev.asmc.0.temp.heatsink2: 41
dev.asmc.0.temp.memory: 52
dev.asmc.0.temp.graphics: 61
dev.asmc.0.temp.graphicssink: 56
dev.asmc.0.temp.unknown: 62

This "unknown" guy is interesting.

dev.asmc.0.sms.x: -7
dev.asmc.0.sms.y: 16
dev.asmc.0.sms.z: 278
dev.asmc.0.light.left: 156
dev.asmc.0.light.right: 147

dev.cpu.0.temperature: 58
dev.cpu.1.temperature: 54
dev.msrtemp.0.%desc: CPU On-Die Thermal Sensors
dev.msrtemp.0.%driver: msrtemp
dev.msrtemp.0.%parent: cpu0
dev.msrtemp.1.%desc: CPU On-Die Thermal Sensors
dev.msrtemp.1.%driver: msrtemp
dev.msrtemp.1.%parent: cpu1

>     * asmc matching for the latest MBP models (LED and HD). Not tested.
>     * asmc keyboard backlight control

Backlight control still does not work on the MBP Core Duo with the ATI
X1600 chip.

>     * all hw.* nodes are gone. You should now use dev.asmc or
> dev.backlight.

Check.

> There's also a lot of new information on the wiki page:
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/AppleMacbook
>
> If you have any comments, bug reports, or anything else related, don't
> hesitate contacting me.

I noticed that the trackpad starting working a while ago with some of
imp's USB commits.  However, I can't get any kind of right-click with it
(no keyboard modifiers work).  I also can't make use of the "fn" key or
any of the keys it activates (e.g. Page Up/Down, etc.).  I wasn't sure
if these should work working yet.

Additionally, with the device cpufreq loaded, my CPU speeds accurately
reflect the advertised spec.

Thanks your work on this.

Joe

- --
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	gnome_at_FreeBSD.org
FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome