Re: MacBook patches

From: Rui Paulo <rpaulo_at_fnop.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 15:12:58 +0100
Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> I think this looks okay:
>
> dev.asmc.0.%desc: Apple SMC MacBook Pro Core Duo (15-inch)
> dev.asmc.0.%driver: asmc
> dev.asmc.0.%parent: isa0
> dev.asmc.0.fan.0.speed: 1010
> dev.asmc.0.fan.0.safespeed: 1200
> dev.asmc.0.fan.0.minspeed: 1000
> dev.asmc.0.fan.0.maxspeed: 6000
> dev.asmc.0.fan.0.targetspeed: 1010
> dev.asmc.0.fan.1.speed: 1009
> dev.asmc.0.fan.1.safespeed: 1200
> dev.asmc.0.fan.1.minspeed: 1000
> dev.asmc.0.fan.1.maxspeed: 6000
> dev.asmc.0.fan.1.targetspeed: 1010
> dev.asmc.0.temp.enclosure: 32
> dev.asmc.0.temp.heatsink1: 42
> dev.asmc.0.temp.heatsink2: 41
> dev.asmc.0.temp.memory: 52
> dev.asmc.0.temp.graphics: 61
> dev.asmc.0.temp.graphicssink: 56
> dev.asmc.0.temp.unknown: 62
>
> This "unknown" guy is interesting.

I'm sure it's a temperature sensor located at the graphics card, but I'm
not sure what to call it.

> Backlight control still does not work on the MBP Core Duo with the ATI
> X1600 chip.

Work in progress, sorry :(

> I noticed that the trackpad starting working a while ago with some of
> imp's USB commits.  However, I can't get any kind of right-click with it
> (no keyboard modifiers work).  I also can't make use of the "fn" key or
> any of the keys it activates (e.g. Page Up/Down, etc.).  I wasn't sure
> if these should work working yet.

Regarding to the touchpad, that's a work in progress.
Regarding to the keyboard, I'm still trying to figure out how to do it.
I already mailed Lennart Augustson, but I got no reply yet.
Stay tunned.

> Thanks your work on this.

You're welcome!

Regards.