Feedback for performance tracker

From: Erik Cederstrand <erik_at_cederstrand.dk>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:04:29 +0200
Hi!

This autumn, we have decided to grab the Performance Tracker entry[1]
from the project ideas page and give it a spin as a subject for our
thesis at the IT University of Copenhagen. The tracker intends to fill a
hole in the range of tinderboxes and automatic stress/regression tests
that FreeBSD already has.

The initial idea is to have a small collection of servers constantly
performing benchmarks and publishing the results to a server with a web
interface.

Before we start coding, we'd like to ask a couple of questions:

1) Which benchmarks would you like to see being run?
2) Which tests do you perform regularly, which the tracker could automate?
3) Which features in the web interface would you find most helpful?

Also, we'd greatly appreciate pointers to previous work in the area.

We welcome all comments and suggestions, but please bear in mind that we
only have around 3 months full-time to develop the tracker.

Thanks for your time,
Anthony Liberto and Erik Cederstrand

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/projects/ideas/#p-performancetracking