Re: Error building openoffice.org-2: cannot compute object file suffix

From: Maxim Khitrov <mkhitrov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:17:04 -0400
On 8/27/07, Stefan Esser <se_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> Maxim Khitrov schrieb:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Have a bit of a problem and no idea on what is causing it... When I
> > try to build openoffice.org I get the following error: "configure:
> > error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile". The
> > full output is below. This happens when building gcc-ooo. I looked in
> > config.log, but see no relevant information there, maybe I'm looking
> > in the wrong place. Here's my uname -a output:
>
> Do you by chance have -fno-tree-vrp in your CFLAGS?
>
> That switch ist not supported by older versions of gcc and I'm
> quite sure that this (or some other switch that is not supported
> by gcc-ooo) casues configure to bail out ...
>
> Regards, STefan

You got my hopes up ;-) No, I don't have that flag, but I had my
CPUTYPE set to "native." Thought that was the problem, but
unfortunately that didn't fix it. I first set it back to pentium-m,
and then commented both CPUTYPE and CFLAGS in my make.conf. Same exact
thing. Cannot compute suffix of object files.

Any other ideas?