Re: -current cross compile for -stable

From: LI Xin <delphij_at_delphij.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:46:07 +0800
Rong-en Fan wrote:
[...]
>> This won't work.  In order to build -STABLE you have to install a
>> chrooted RELENG_6 environment and chroot into it to make it work.
>
> I think there is a hack for ports' tinderbox, patch is at
>
> http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/binutils.diff
>
> Not sure it appears in ports_at_ mailing or tinderbox's.

Well, I think the real problem is that our 'make buildworld' process is
not very well self-contained.  I hit this a lot of times, sed, kldxref,
etc. and we add them to bootstrap tools :-)  The binutils hack can work
at this moment, but it is not guaranteed if one day we changed something
else...

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij_at_delphij.net>	http://www.delphij.net/