amd64 NVIDIA support in FreeBSD 7

From: Sam Fourman Jr. <sfourman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 01:09:53 -0600
Hello,

I am aware that currently 3D accelerated support for Nvidia cards is
not possible on the amd64 platform.

My understanding  is Nvidia (in 2006) requested some changes to the
kernel that will improve performance,and
ultimately provide support to the amd64 platform.
the status of these changes can be found here
http://wiki.freebsd.org/NvidiaFeatureRequests

what I am confused about is how complex is the nature of these requests?
is it realistic to think they will be MFC'ed to FreeBSD 7.x  or will
they have to be in 8.x ?

assuming the changes outlined here
http://wiki.freebsd.org/NvidiaFeatureRequests are completed

would the Features and performance be on par with Linux Eg. FC8 ?

I am hoping someone could explain these questions.

Thank you Much

Sam Fourman Jr.

Sam Fourman Jr.