PLIP - Parallel IP - does it still work ?

From: Julian Stacey <jhs_at_berklix.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 03:33:10 +0100
Hi current_at_
Has anyone used PLIP - Parallel IP on any of FreeBSD- 5,6,7 ?
I last saw it working on 4.11-RELEASE, ghozzy_at_gmail.com saw it fail too
	http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/hardware/laptops/#plip

A laptop here:  Dell Latitude XPi P133ST
	http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/hardware/laptops/#hosts
has problems with 7.0BETA4 on all of pcmcia cdrom, pcmcia ep0 ether,
& ATA geom/ MBR (wont accept 2nd partition so cant store 7.0 cdrom files
on 2nd partition), so Ive been trying PLIP - No luck.

( If PLIP doesnt work I only have 2 options left: SLIP or rip the
  drive out & install on another host, & hope the BIOS's compatible
  on disk layout. )

Julian
- --
Julian Stacey. Munich Consultant: BSD Unix Linux. http://berklix.com
        Ihr Rauch=mein allergischer Kopfschmerz. Dump cigs 4 snuff.