Re: DDB scripting, output capture, and textdumps

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 16:12:52 +0100
Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org> writes:
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no> writes:
> > Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org> writes:
> > > I'd certainly be fine with it being added to GENERIC on our
> > > various architectures.
> > s/GENERIC/DEFAULTS/
> At the risk of creating a bikeshed, I thought we had a consensus that
> DEFAULTS should never be used :-).

What sobomax actually asked was for INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE to be opt-out;
the easiest way to achieve this is to put it in DEFAULTS, so people who
don't want it can use "nooption INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE".  I vote in favor.
It's one of those things that is so incredibly useful, but that you
never remember to turn on until it's too late.

BTW, it would be also useful to include the config file (if available)
in the tar-formatted dumps you are working on.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no