Re: Annoying buglet: ZFS and unable to reboot

From: John Nielsen <lists_at_jnielsen.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:58:16 -0500
Quoting Borja Marcos <BORJAMAR_at_SARENET.ES>:
> I'm having a problem with a Dell Poweredge 2950 running FreeBSD 7-
> BETA4 cvsupped
> yesterday.
>
> After I have moved it to ZFS (root, /usr and /var, leaving the swap
> in  standard
> partitions, as I heard that there are some issues when swapping to
> ZVOLs), I notice
> that I can no longer reboot it without an actual power cycle.
>
> When I use the "reboot" command it stays with the following messages:
>
> All buffers synced
> Uptime:... (and the uptime)
>

> Any ideas?

I saw the same symptom when using the big patch for gjournal on
RELENG_6 a few months ago. I didn't see the problem in 7-CURRENT, but
gjournal had seen some updates in what was then HEAD since the patch
for RELENG_6 was posted. I don't know what the cause or solution is/was
to either problem, but it might be relevant.

You might want to post the output of "zpool list", "zfs list", and
"dmesg" to the list so people can see your disk and filesystem layout.

JN