Re: DDB scripting, output capture, and textdumps

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 11:24:05 -0700 (MST)
In message: <47682ED1.7000702_at_FreeBSD.org>
            Maxim Sobolev <sobomax_at_FreeBSD.org> writes:
: Robert Watson wrote:
: >     buffer, kernel message buffer, kernel configuration (if compiled into
: >     the kernel), panic message, and kernel version string.  These are
:
:
: Just a sidenote - maybe as part of this change it makes sense to make
: compiling configuration into a kernel opt-out, not opt-in? We are in
: 21st century, nobody really cares about saving few kilobytes of kernel
: memory anymore.

In the embedded world, it matters.

And we already have opt-out.  'include GENERIC; nodev X, nodev Y,
nodev Z'

Warner