Re: ServerWorks/Broadcom HT1000 chipset errata saga

From: <lists_at_mipster.net> <lists_at_mipster.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:52:46 -0500
BTW, I've had PCI-X problems with a Marvel MV88SX6081 SATA controller
on a M/B WITHOUT the HT1000 chipset (Tyan S2881UG2NR).  The M/B worked
flawlessly under 7.0-BETA1 & BETA2.  I added the Marvell controller
and EVERYTHING on the PCI-X bus flaked out.  I'm seeing Ierrs and
Oerrs (netstat -i) on the built-in bge interfaces, ZFS checksum errors
on disks attached to the Marvel controller, etc.

I wasn't sure from reading the thread whether Soren thought the
problem went beyond the HT1000 chipset or not.  The problem seems to
manifest itself only when I use the disks attached to the Marvel
controller.  I'm applying the patch now to see if it fixes the problem.

-Nick