Re: ServerWorks/Broadcom HT1000 chipset errata saga

From: Morten Strårup <morten_at_lightworkings.dk>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 18:50:46 +0100
<lists_at_mipster.net> wrote:
> BTW, I've had PCI-X problems with a Marvel MV88SX6081 SATA controller
> on a M/B WITHOUT the HT1000 chipset (Tyan S2881UG2NR).  The M/B worked
> flawlessly under 7.0-BETA1 & BETA2.  I added the Marvell controller
> and EVERYTHING on the PCI-X bus flaked out.  I'm seeing Ierrs and
> Oerrs (netstat -i) on the built-in bge interfaces, ZFS checksum errors
> on disks attached to the Marvel controller, etc.
>
> I wasn't sure from reading the thread whether Soren thought the
> problem went beyond the HT1000 chipset or not.  The problem seems to
> manifest itself only when I use the disks attached to the Marvel
> controller.  I'm applying the patch now to see if it fixes the problem.

For what it's worth as mentioned in this thread:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2007-December/081541.html

I've experienced things similar to what is mentioned in the HT1000
Problem Report with an Nvidia Nforce 570 MCP SLI chipset.

In this message I've posted the output of pciconf -lv:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2007-December/081547.html

Kind regards

Morten Strårup