Re: First steps towards importing gvirstor into -current

From: Pieter de Goeje <pieter_at_degoeje.nl>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 13:11:10 +0100
Hi, I tried the beta3a version from the wiki on an amd64 -CURRENT machine.
I made some changes (attached) to g_virstor.c and geom_virstor.c to let them
compile cleanly on AMD64. Both files contained instances of some printf
variant with format "%u" while the parameter was a size_t, so I changed the
format to "%zu".

Also, I needed to add -fPIC to the gcc command line to build geom_virstor.so.
For some reason, it wasnt able to find "path.h" so I included that one in the
search path.

After successfully building gvirstor (and loading it), I tried to use it:
# ./gvirstor label -s 10000 test /dev/ad0s3b
Assertion failed: (G_OPT_TYPE(opt) != 0), function parse_arguments,
file /usr/src/sbin/geom/core/geom.c, line 272.
Abort (core dumped)

Basically I'm stuck here.

Regards,
Pieter de Goeje

PS.
How do I download the latest sources from the p4 repository?