Re: Forcing 1000FD for bce

From: Slawek Zak <slawek.zak_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:56:55 +0100
On 1/31/07, Slawek Zak <slawek.zak_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a question for someone familiar with this driver. I must
> enforce Gb/Full-duplex before the end of boot. I have IBM BladeCenter
> chassis which internally uses Nortel 2-3 switches which in turn do not
> allow for autonegotiation of internal interfaces.
>
> I want to run a diskless configuration so changing the bits with
> ifconfig is not an option. Tweaking settings in PXE boot agent doesn't
> help - the link preference is not preserved after kernel starts
> booting.

I've implemented a half-baked solution just to make the darn thing
work. Assuming you have gentbi PHY (check the dmesg), the following
patch removes auto negotiation and half-duplex handling for SX
interface, thus leaving 1000FD only. Tested on IBM LS21 blades. Enjoy.

/S
--
Sławek Żak / UNIX Systems Administrator