Forcing 1000FD for bce

From: Slawek Zak <slawek.zak_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 17:27:50 +0100
Hi,

First of all thanks to Doug White for committing SerDes support for bce.

I have a question for someone familiar with this driver. I must
enforce Gb/Full-duplex before the end of boot. I have IBM BladeCenter
chassis which internally uses Nortel 2-3 switches which in turn do not
allow for autonegotiation of internal interfaces.

I want to run a diskless configuration so changing the bits with
ifconfig is not an option. Tweaking settings in PXE boot agent doesn't
help - the link preference is not preserved after kernel starts
booting.

Thus the last resort remains I guess - fiddling with the source.

Help anyone

TIA, /S